Image

Image

29.7.11

Trip Down Memory Lane

Days left: 8

I have purchased my textbooks and I am itching to see what my future home will look like--what my room will be, how my life will change. I suppose you can say that I am a tad leery about these imminent changes and how greatly they will affect me.

I have a question: for those who live in Canada, have you realized that all the shows on Family Channel is either a) reruns of Hannah Montana, Suite Life on Deck, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Sonny with a Chance, Wizards of Waverly Place, or Good Luck Charlie?  Whatever happened to the older, excuse me, but classic and good shows like The Proud Family, That's So Raven, The Weekenders, or Kim Possible? Does Disney (or Family, Canadian version of Disney channel) have to stick it down everyone's throats that the newest show to premiere will be the next _______ (fill in the blank for preferred choice)? Not everyone wants to watch Selena Gomez or watch Miley Cyrus in her hey day. Why can't they air shows from 2001 or 2005? Sometimes, and it's sad to admit this, but there really isn't anything good on TV anymore. Nowadays, it's either perversion, debauchery, lasciviousness, or just really poor acting. Television used to be a good experience; now, it's only popular shows that get reruns...over and over and over again. I miss when I could watch cartoons and actually laugh cause it was genuinely funny, not factored, engineering funny. I used to watch a great deal of television but rarely do I watch more than two hours of TV. Unless it's Gilmore girls on DVD or nostalgia on Youtube, I don't really see the use. Now, if you sign onto Disney, you'll star on a show, sign, and display your meager abilities.

Shows that should come back on Family/Disney:

1. That's So Raven
2. Phil of the Future
3. The Proud Family
4. Kim Possible
5. Goof Troop
6. House of Mouse
7. DuckTales
8. PB&J Otter

I don't know why but watching those shows is like reliving my childhood, that feel-good moment that needs to return to television.

No comments:

Post a Comment